CT Sport Utility 2lb. Camp Hatchet
The new Sport Utility 2# Hatchet with 14″ curved hickory handle that comes with a blackened "forged finish" which a much better edge grind. Ideal for one-handed work and general camp chores. “Dayton” pattern originated from the Dayton, Ohio area. A premium pack tool for the Boy Scout to the seasoned Bushcrafter.
- Forged tool steel head is forged in the USA!
- Hand sharpened, tapered bit for cutting and light splitting.
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge. The poll and eye walls are not hardened and remain in the as forged condition.
- Blackened "Forged Finish"
- 14″ American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite, and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight, and does not change size with moisture content.
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of overall length of the handle is removed during assembly.
- A better factory edge than the standard "painted line" of axes.
- Head Stamped "USA" on one side, "CT" on the other.
*No sheath included*
MADE IN USA
Customers also viewed